CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Home tour #3 My Craft Room

Sorry for the delay in between blog posts lately...life has been full and BUSY! Kyle starts school on Wednesday, which will free up my time considerably  and I look so forward to spending more time on my blog.

Here is another room in our wonderful new home...my craft room. First of all I have to thank my incredible husband Kevin for handing this room to me on a silver platter. I offered to share it with him as "our office" but he insisted I have it all for myself for my scrap booking and stamping hobby. I think the fact that in our last house we both had dedicated rooms for an office and I was in mine daily and he went in his to work maybe twice in a year has a lot to do with that! Once again I feel so blessed by our new home. Kevin and I both feel that this home reflects us better than any other that we have lived in (and there have been a few homes in 20 years!) I could not be more blessed with this craft space. This room simply has everything I need and more. As you are looking at the pictures remember you can click twice on the pics to see a larger image.

This built in desk is incredible. There is enough room on this desk top for me to completely spread out and scrap book as well as share this space with a friend who might come over to scrap book or stamp with me. I also love to watch/listen to TV while I create and my little tv fits perfectly nestled in the corner. The painting was done by my Mom and was gifted to me by my Dad last year. It is by far my FAVORITE of all of Mom's paintings and it is perfect here in my craft room.

                           The built in shelving offers plenty of space for all my paper and stamp sets!
...not to mention the rest of my stuff!! In fact these shelves go up to the ceiling! Currently I haven't put anything in the top two shelves...but you know me, if there is a space to decorate I will find something to decorate it with!!

On either side of the desk I chose the third shelf up to put a picture of each one of the kids.


On the opposite wall from the built in desk and shelving is the perfect spot for my cube shelving, file cabinet and wireless printer. I house all family scrap books in this cube as well as my scrap book/stamping books and other supplies.
The art work is simply pieces of scrap book paper in 12 x 12 frames. I found the paper at Michaels and loved how it complimented my Mom's painting!

Here is another small book shelf that I put near the side door that leads out of my craft room and into the court yard area. It has a screen door on it and I love to keep it open (except the screen) during the early mornings and evenings when the air is the coolest. In this book shelf I house my scrap booking magazines and various other supplies.
I love this wall hung curio case hanging above the small book case. I keep some of my Mom's rubber stamps in here as well as a few shells and a small book on love.

This hall/foyer area of my office is a great space. I've turned it into an area to store all my die cutting systems and punches.

There is a ton of storage space in this cabinet and I currently am housing all my Mom's photo albums there. (she did not scrap book but had the same love of taking pictures and put all her pics into chronological albums) The top of this cabinet is perfect for die cutting. The picture of the lady was a painting that I started and was finished by my Mom on a day that my Mom wanted to teach me how to paint. I gave it my all, but at least for now...I'm not a big fan of painting. I'm not saying I'll never paint..but it is not an interest yet. I got as far as the dress and Mom took it over from there.



Here is one more shot of the space standing in the foyer/hall area looking into the room.

So there you have it...my scrap space! Thanks for taking the tour. That is the end of the home tours for a while...our room and other areas/rooms are a "work in progress" however, when they are done I will share. I have a lot of fun projects up my sleeve for this house and look forward to sharing them as they are completed.

1 comments:

Beverly

What a great built-in desk and shelves! Very nice workspace. And you have lots of room to add to your collection! ;-)

Post a Comment