CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A day on the golf course

When Kyle was two years old Kevin began to teach him how to play the game he has always been so passionate about...golf. For the next 10 years Kyle would go out and play golf with his Dad often and it became a bond between father and son. Then....Kyle turned 12 and slowly but surely began to loose interest in the game.

Kevin always asks if he wants to go out, but the answer has been "no" for quite a while now. So imagine Kevin's delight when on Sunday afternoon he asked Kyle if he wanted to go play and the answer was "sure Dad, why not?" When the guys came home that evening Kyle was so excited about the time they had on the course. He told us he forgot how much fun golf was and that he wanted to play more.

So on Monday I called over to the golf course (we live right across the street from it) and asked whether I could drive a cart and let him play while I tagged along as the "cart driver" I found out that not only was it OK, but that the fee for 18 holes for a "junior" is only $15 during the week. So the next day I asked Kyle if he wanted to head over to the course and the answer was a resounding "ya!"

Kyle and I had a GREAT time yesterday out on the course. The weather was beautiful and a light breeze was blowing. I found out pretty quickly that driving a golf cart was a lot of fun! The course was beautiful and I enjoyed checking out everyone's backyards that were on the course. As for Kyle, he was totally in his element and having a blast. For someone who had not played in three years I was simply astounded at how good he was! It was so much fun to watch him and we agreed that we would start going golfing once a week during the week. At $15 a pop, why not?! I truly wish I could join in on the fun and golf too, but unfortunately with my old back injury I just can't risk it.

Here are some picks of Kyle in action!














I told Kyle that he can walk across the street and hit a bucket of balls on the driving range whenever he wants and have looked into a Jr. golf clinic through our city. Today I signed him up for a one month clinic in May where kids his age meet on Wed from 4-5 and are taught by a PGA pro golfer and staff. Kyle is really exicted about doing this next month.

2 comments:

Anonymous

It looks as if Kyle is having a blast. I'm so glad that he is doing better. You are all in our prayers, for sure. Hugs. Maddi

Beverly

Looks like he had lots of fun! He looks so tall and much older now!

Post a Comment