CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 8, 2011

Kevin's 50th Birthday Party!

Kevin celebrated his 50th Birthday on July 6th. We celebrated his special day however over the 4th of July weekend at my Dad and Step Mom's house in Morro Bay. The party turned out so well and family and friends from the Central Coast came out to celebrate Kevin. Additionally Kate took a few days off from work and school to fly in and be there for the weekend.


The party was a casual BBQ and my brother David grilled up some delicious BBQ chicken!

Enjoying lunch! Left to right is our dear friend Bonnie G., Kate, Kevin, my cousin Susan and my Step Brother Zac.

More party quests include from left to right, Ed G. (Bonnie's husband), Aunt Marth, Uncle Ed, Gretchen (Shawn's girlfriend), my cousin Shawn and my Aunt Pat.

Enjoying lunch on the patio is left to right, my cousin Gary M., my Sister n Law Cristy, my Step Mom Polly, my Dad Harry and my brother, David.

Kevin chose a carrot cake for his cake. Here he is just moments before lighting the candles an singing Happy Birthday to him!

Kyle lights the candles....



...and everyone sings Happy Birthday to Kevin!

Kevin blows out the candles which are wax letters/candles that say "OH NO THE BIG 50"



                                                                                                                                                                                                Kevin gets ready to open his gifts.





Kevin holds a special gift from my brother and his wife Cristy who have an online vintage/antiques store. They found Kevin a beautiful antique book on Architecture and a vintage drafting set!

Bonnie and Ed give Kevin a bottle of speciality ale along with two beer glasses.


Susan and Gary give Kevin a hat that says "vintage Dude" Love it!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
An Elvis card from Aunt Pat. The first time Aunt Pat met Kevin back in 1989 she took one look at him and said "You have Elvis's eyes!!!" This has been a family funny ever since!

Kevin gets another hat and stacks it on top of his other hat! It was so wonderful to see Kevin having such a good time celebrating his birthday. A special thank you goes out to my Dad and Polly for opening up their beautiful Morro Bay home for the event and to our family and friends who came out for the party. Kev, may you have at least 50 more fabulous years!!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY, KEVIN!!!
Your Friends,
Rob & Maddi Allan

mackyton

Kevin's 50th Birthday Party turned out to be very chic. How creative the cake and those 50th birthday printed plates are. I truly like such parties that are decent and small. On my recent birthday I also hosted a small family party at the local event space NYC. It was a dinner bash which we all enjoyed.

Post a Comment