CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fourth of July Decor



I love decorating for all holidays and 4th of July is no exception. I started my decorating at the front of our house by putting out a little decorative flag in the landscape and hanging a floral arrangement on the front gate that enters our courtyard.

I've had this wrought iron hanging basket for many years and have changed the floral arrangement in it many times. 

I bought the red white and blue silk flowers at Michaels and arranged them in green floral foam that I pressed down into the basket. Then I filled up the basket and covered the floral foam using floral moss. I finished up the arrangement by adding 2 American Flags and some french wired  ribbon to hang the floral basket. 

One of the things I love about our house is the all white galley kitchen. Because it is separated from the rest of the house I can decorate it in any color scheme I want and not have to worry about it not coordinating with the family room decor. I put away all the orange and yellow decor and put out all of my red white and blue decor for the 4th. I'll leave it all out for the entire month of July and then change it back to the orange and yellow decor for August. 

These little boxes were hand painted by my Mom. The little American man with the flag is from Michaels.

I bought this star at Home Goods a few years back.

Using the same ribbon I used in the floral basket arrangement I hung this cookie mold from Pampered Chef. I've had this for many years.

I found this darling tin pitcher with the No. 4 on it at Michael's this year. Using more floral foam in the bottom of the pitcher I arranged red white and blue flowers and tucked in a flag.
 

Here is another little box hand painted by my Mom, a little fabric flag that belonged to my Mom and my Susan Branch Summer book. Cook Books make great decor items in your kitchen. Notice that I always cluster decor items in groups of 3. It is most pleasing to the eye to group your decor items in odd numbers and a cluster of 3 is THE most pleasing to the eye.

Here is another little American man that is attached to a round box (from Michael's) and 2 more of the little hand painted boxes my Mom made many years ago.

Here I took a small mason jar and arranged several American flags in it. The little tin standing "America" is from Home Goods last year and the hanging American themed star  is also from Michael's a few years back.

I LOVE this wrought iron corner shelf unit. There is the perfect little "nook" in our kitchen where it fits like it was made to go there! I purchased it about 15 years ago at Ross Dress for Less in their home section. In fact, almost all of my decor comes from discount stores like Marshall's, Home Goods, TJ Max etc. These stores get deliveries twice a week and there  are so many treasures to be found at such reasonable prices. In fact recently I saw a vase at Home Goods that was $14. Then I saw the SAME vase at an upscale home boutique in Chino Hills for $49.99!!  There is just simply no reason to pay those kind of prices. To be honest the owner of the boutique probably bought the vase at Home Goods and marked it up to sale at her/his store!
 

Lastly, here is my little wooden country flag. I've hung it inside and out, but this year it looks great int the kitchen.

I hope you have enjoyed this tour of my red, white and blue kitchen! 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment