CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Halloween

Today I brought out the Halloween Decorations! Growing up, Halloween was never about anything evil or scary...it was always a fun holiday to have a class party and dress up in one of Mom's hand made costumes. Through the years, my Mom made almost all my brother's and my costumes and going out trick or treating with Mom and Dad remains a favorite childhood memory.

Which is why, I tried over the years to make Halloween an especially fun holiday for my kids. Kyle won't be trick or treating this year, so it looks like last year was officially his last. I can't deny the sadness I feel in knowing that my children are grown up past the days of trick or treating. That does not mean however, that I still can't bring out my decorations and getting into the spirit anyway!

Above are my black cat, pumpkin people and ghost collections. The little paintings were done by Mom and I cherish them dearly. I just love these little country/vintage figurines. The little Happy Halloween stacking block sign was a new purchase at the Pumpkin Patch's gift shop this last weekend. (click on pics to see a larger image)
Here is my Halloween tree. The plates that are hanging above were gifts from my Mom many years ago.


Here is a closer look at the little ornaments on the Halloween tree. I took Vintage Halloween stickers, put them on black card stock and then cut them out and hung them with a thin black satin ribbon.

Here is my witch collection. My Mom started this collection for me years ago.

Here is another one of my Mom's cute paintings. I love this broom flying witch! My witches are not evil ones, no...they are whimsical characters who bring a smile to my face each year when I bring them out. When I was around 6 or 7 my Mom made me a witch costume and painted my face green. What a memory!
Happy Halloween everyone!




1 comments:

Kevin and Ashley

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH debi, I LOVE IT!!!!!! i wish i had your talent!!! your tree is so cute and your mom's picture is wonderful!!! <3 i just love reading your blogs!

Post a Comment