CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving Decor

It's almost impossible to believe that the holidays are upon us. Wasn't it just July? Time truly flies that's for sure. Sure enough though, Thanksgiving is just a few days away. So I thought I'd share with you the few Thanksgiving decorations that I put out in place of my Halloween decorations. I made this THANKFUL banner 3 or 4 years ago and I love it just as much now as I did then. T

 Basically the banner is chipboard with cut out letters, card stock and embellishments. Here is a close up of one of the letters.
 Here is another close shot of the pumpkin, corn, leaves and candle that adorn the mantle.
 If you have been a follower of my blog for a while then these pilgrim figurines will be familiar to you. These were my Moms and she loved these. So of course...I love them too.
                                                        Here is a close up of the little pilgrim girl.
                                          Here is a few things I set out on my kitchen counter.
                                             This tea cup and saucer was my Moms as well.
               Here is a cornucopia I put together years ago along with my wooden pilgrims.
               In my front porch I changed up the display a bit and added more pumpkins and corn.
 This is a fun pillow I bought years ago while out shopping with my friend Beverly. We both scored one of these at TJ Maxx.
 These little pilgrim figurines were my Moms and they fit just perfectly in the little compartments above the kitchen desk.
 The BE THANKFUL sign and mini ceramic pumpkins were also my Moms and fit nicely in one of thse compartments.
 Lastly here is my display on the coffee table in the family room with a darling little sign that says GIVE THANKS.
All of these "thankful" decorations is a daily reminder to me to be thankful for the blessings in my life. My family, my health, a loving husband and friends. The fact that Kevin is gainfully employed when so many are not in this economy. I'm truly thankful and truly blessed.

1 comments:

Beverly

My "Give Thanks" pillow is often used these days in pillow wars in the family room. :-) (Of course, the kids are NOT supposed to be throwing it around, but that's just the way it is! If it survives a few more Thanksgiving seasons, I'll be happy!)

Post a Comment