CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 13, 2010

An uneventful Halloween

I had such big plans for Halloween this year as it is one of my favorite holidays. My parents always made Halloween so  much fun for me growing up. These were back in the days when you were allowed to wear your costumes to school and actually call it Halloween instead of "Harvest Celebration" I remember doing the "costume parade" on the black top at Teach School in San Luis Obispo. My Mom was always the room mother and the class parties were always so fun too. My Mom always made my brothers and my costumes, we would carve pumpkins as a family and my Dad would take us out trick or treating. Then I remember afterwards we would end up over at my Grandparents where I would dump out all my candy and sort through it. I was organizing even back then at 7 years old...the smarties in one pile, the chocolate bars in another. I have the BEST memories!

Once I grew up and had my own family I carried on the Halloween traditions I grew up with. Although I never made any of my kids costumes, I made sure they were decked out in cute costumes they picked out. When Kate was little my parents would drive up and go out trick or treating with us. We've always carved pumpkins as a family. I was room mom for both kids all through their Elementary School days and had so much fun planing the "Harvest Parties". Another tradition that we started was visiting the Pumpkin Patch. When we lived in Northern California there was two fabulous pumpkin patches to choose from along with Apple Hill which was a family favorite.
                    
                    (pics of our outside Halloween decorations that I put out for Halloween night only)








 I love how creepy this gate looks with the Cemetery sign on it! Normally I'm not for "scary" Halloween things, but Kyle gets a big kick out of it so I'm OK with putting out a few creepy things.





Here's hoping next year Halloween will be a litle more eventful...

0 comments:

Post a Comment