CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

A place to create

Of all the rooms in our house, my scrap booking room/office is my favorite. I absolutely love to hang out in this special space. Over the past 6 months I've slowly decorated it, purchasing things from Home Goods, Michaels etc...going for the "romantic/vintage" look. My original plan was to paint the room a soft pastel color, but have decided that spending time and money painting a rental house, is not the best use of  our resources. The white walls actually work well in this room with all the black, white and pastel colors. The drafting desk belonged to my Mom. This is where she painted. Now this is where I sit to scrap book, stamp cards and other projects and I even wrapped my Christmas gifts here this year.

I love this wall shelf. I found it at Home Goods. It works well for storing my ink pads, accessory and ribbon jars.

This is Kate's old desk from her teen age room. I plan on changing the hard ware on it, but for now it works well. I sit here to pay bills and work on my lap top. I took inexpensive scrap book page frames from Joanne's and put 12x12 pieces of scrap book paper into them for instant art work. I almost always watch the little t.v. on my desk when I work over at the drafting table. I love to sit and watch back to back movies on Lifetime while I scrapbook on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Another Home Goods treasure, this is actually a "jewelry tree" but I just love it as a decoration in my room.


This wall shelf/shadow box works very well for displaying my vintage rubber stamp collection. Most of these stamps were my Moms.


My punches are hanging on racks that were left behind by the previous tenant. They were hanging in the kitchen with hooks on them. The purpose was to hang your spoons, spatulas etc. I thought they would be perfect for hanging my punches, and they are! The "D" is from the home section of Kohls.
This painting has a story. My Mom wanted to teach me how to paint one time when the kids and I were staying at Mom's and Dad's during Spring Break. I painted about 1/4 of this vintage lady when I announced that I did not like to paint! My Mom was disappointed but did not want the canvas and the work I had started to go to waste. So she finished the painting. This is one of her rare paintings that is not Southwest style. I love this painting and will always treasure it. The vintage candlesticks are a recent purchase from Michael's romantic collection and the topiary of silk flowers are from Home Goods.
I LOVE this vinyl wall hanging of a chandelier. Kevin applied it to the wall for me. It was another recent purchase from Home Goods. I can peel it off when we move.

Here is another view of the room. I often open this window and let the fresh air in. I feel so blessed to have this special space that is all my own. It really inspires me to scrap book and create. Thank you for taking a tour.

2 comments:

Janet

I LOVE LOVE YOUR ROOM!!

Beverly

I don't think my creative space will EVER look that clean, LOL! Very nice!

Post a Comment