CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Revelation Song

As the New Year begins, I can't help but reflect on this past year and all the amazing things God has done in my life. I can honestly say that I grew closer in my walk with the Lord than ever before in 2009. He taught me so much this year about waiting, trusting and listening. When 2009 began Kevin was in his 4th month of unemployment after losing his job in October 2008. Additionally we realized that we had to short sale our home on Smokemont Ct., losing our substantial down payment not to mention 4 years of housepayments.  There were no job prospects in sight, yet he relentlessly sent out over 300 resumes nation wide all the while telling me each day that "God will provide" He never lost faith, even when I did. Not a patient person by nature, God taught me more than ever in this past year that His timing is perfect. Each and every month of Kevin's unemployment God provided for us. Finally, in July God provided Kevin with the most ideal of jobs in the most beautiful of locations in the state we longed to live in. The longer I live in our new city I realize God's plan in all of the loss that we incurred in Vegas. We could not live in a more beautiful city and I thank the Lord each day for our new life here. We have found a wonderful church and are making many new and wonderful friends. God showed us over and over again that He is trustworthy and His promises are real. Prayer changes things friends. God tells us in His word that He hears our prayers.

This past year I embraced worship like never before. I love to be in church, in my car or at home singing to the Lord. Our new church has the most amazing worship team (band that leads the singing at church) Our lead singer, Ashley has the most amazing angelic voice. The other members of the worship team are equally as talented on their respective instruments, as are the back up singers. Each week I can hardly wait to get to church and worship!! One song above all others really spoke to my heart this year and it is called "The Revelation Song". I heard it for the first time only a month ago when Ashley sang it so sweetly at our Women's Christmas desert and boutique. The song was so beautiful and so true that I literally broke in to tears singing it. I then went home and began researching the song on line. I found that it was written by Jennie Lee Riddle, but has been made widely popular by Kari Jobe who is the worship leader of  Gateway Church in Texas. She put out her second C.D. in February and it sold so many copies that she was recently named the best selling Christian artist of 2009. The music you are listening to IS the Revalation Song off of Kari Jobe's new C.D. I can say without any doubt or uncertainty that her new C.D. is absolutely amazing. I love each and every song. I've also gone on to watch her video diary blog and watch many of her live worship performances on U Tube. She is an amazing young woman of God and I simply love her music and the way she loves and worships God. The words of this song are so powerful and true.

Worthy is the Lamb who was slain..holy, holy is He.
Sing a new song, to Him who sits on, Heaven's mercy seat.

Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come.
With all creation I sing praise to the King of Kings.
You are my everything and I will adore You.

Clothed in rainbows of living color, flashes of lightening, rolls of thunder.
Blessing and honor, strength and glory and power be to You, the only wise King.

Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder, at the mention of Your name. Jesus Your name
is power, breath and living water...such a marvelous mystery.

What I've realized and learned in 2009 is that God will always give you the strength and grace to WAIT on Him.  He is faithful.

"Wait on the Lord, be of good courage and the Lord will strengthen your heart" -Psalm 27:14.

With all I have learned and experienced in the past several years I look so forward to 2010, knowing that whatever may come...God will see me through to victory!

1 comments:

Beverly

Wonderful testimony. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment