CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 7, 2010

The Mother and Other Tea

This past weekend my church held a special event for women called the "The Mother and Other Tea" The idea is for each woman of the church to bring their Mother or "other" to the dinner. The "other" can be a woman who has been a mentor to you in some way. Some women brought their mother n laws, some brought friends. Other ladies brought their daughters. Although called a "tea", the event was so much more. We had a fabulous dinner which was made by the ladies of the church, there was a speaker and some fabulous cupcakes and cookies for desert. The highlight of course was the "tea" A local spice and tea store donated many wonderful teas for us to enjoy. Many of the ladies signed up to decorate and host a table. I decided this sounded like a lot fun and jumped at the chance. Below are pics of my table scape.

It was fun to break out my pastel china. This was our wedding pattern and I was fortunate to receive ten place settings of this pattern Mikasa Monet so I can use them for special events like this.


I found this center piece at one my favorite home stores, "Home Goods". It was on the clearance rack for under $20. Talk about luck...it matched my dishes perfectly.
I placed a small pink box in the center of each plate as a party favor for each woman at my table. Inside each box was a chocolate truffle. I loved being a part of this special event and look forward to decorating another table next year!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Beverly

This sounds so fun! Our church had a ladies' banquet recently that I unfortunately could not attend because of having out-of-town guests. I love events like these. Your table was lovely!

Post a Comment