CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Scrap book pages: Easter Day 2008


Now that home schooling is over (yahoo!) I'm enjoying some more "me time" and for me that means scrap booking! My goal for the Summer is to have all my scrap books from 2004-2009 caught up. I mostly have 2004-2008 done, but still have some to finish, like Easter of 2008. My memory is not serving me as to why it was just Kyle and I that went to my Dad's that year for Easter. For some reason Kate and Kev stayed behind...but I do remember the fabulous day of flying Kites at a park near my Dad's house. My Aunt Pat, cousin Katie and her family and cousin Shawn and his children were all there. Here are the pages I came up with for that day. As always to get a closer look, just double click on each picture for a larger image.

I love putting quotations on my pages. I googled "kite quotations" and up popped several. I liked this quote by Lauren Bacall so I typed it, printed it on vellum and adheared it to my page.
I had fun paper piecing together this kite. I cut out the kite free hand, and added a piece of string and little red ribbons for the kite tail. The lady in the red shirt is my fabulous Aunt Pat (my Dad's sister). For those of you who are FB friends, you see her sweet and fun comments on my page often! She is so much fun and had a blast flying the kites as well.
I LOVE this pic of my Dad. He looks completely joyful flying this double handled kite. He had a blast teaching Kyle to fly it.
Stay tuned for a lot more scrap book pages over the Summer. As I finish them...I'll share them!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment