CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A day with Kyle


I had such a wonderful day today with my son Kyle. As I've mentioned many times.....Kyle is an avid golfer. He is taking full advantage of the rest of the school year with his flexible schedule doing Independent Study by spending lots of time out on the golf course. Since he isn't driving yet....guess who takes him during the week while Kevin is at work? Why me of course!.....and I love it. It's so great to see Kyle in his element playing golf.

Today I talked him in to letting me get a few pics of him. Since Christmas he has lost 35 pounds. Doesn't he look great!!? I'm so proud of Kyle and how he has embraced a new way of eating. He is 100% gluten and sugar free and eats very healthy. What started out as a diet to help him with his chronic vestibular migraines ended up being a great weight loss plan! Kyle has more energy and feels so much better. It is just WONDERFUL to see him feeling and looking so good.





Today he golfed all day at our local course and I drove him around in the cart and enjoyed watching him and taking pics. Below are a few candid shots of him playing golf. He is playing twice a week now...once with me during the week and every Saturday with Kevin. He is also spending a couple days each week on the driving range and practice putting greens. We are additionally in the process of setting up private lessons for him on top of that to help improve and perfect his game. His goal is to try out for the High School team in the Spring of 2013. Today after he played he had the opportunity to sit and watch the two local high school teams practicing.  I could tell he was just dying to jump in there with them! With his hard work and dedication I know that by this time next year he will be ready to be on a team and compete.



The view from the 5th hole. I LOVE the beauty of this course. Being out on the golf course is so serene and beautiful. I now I understand why my husband, Dad and Kyle all love this game. I only wish I could play too...but with my old back injury I don't dare try. For me...golf is a spectator sport only.













Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous

Hi Debi, Kyle is certainly turning into a handsome young man. I'm happy to hear that he loves golf and is getting so good at it. All the walking is good for you both.
Love
Maddi

Post a Comment