CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Stamp club projects












After being in a stamp club in Vegas for over 3 years I decided to become a Stampin Up! demonstrator last spring. The main reason for this was to bring in extra income with Kevin losing his job many months prior. However, soon after becoming a demonstrator the wheels began to be in motion for us to move and for Kevin to start his new job. With preparing to move and all that entails, I did exactly one workshop! Moving here ended up being a huge adjustment for Kyle, and due to that I was unable to truly get plugged in to a church, a bible study and a couples bible study. It is only in the past 3 weeks that I have finally been able to meet and get to know new friends and acquaintances. So when my deadline for $400 in sales arrived on October 31., I had ZERO sales to turn in. Not wanting to fork out $400 to order and stay active, I chose to let my demonstratorship go for now. However, I have really missed being in a stamp club and getting together with a group of women to stamp cards and other projects. So I decided to research and find a demonstrator in our city. It did not take long to find 2 ladies who are demonstrators and who both had openings in their stamp clubs. After talking to both ladies and visiting their websites, I went with my gut and chose to be a part of Julie B's stamp club. She has been a demonstrator for 15 years and lives a few blocks from me.

Tonight was my first club meeting with 11 other women. I had A BLAST!! First of all, Julie was wonderful and secondly the other ladies all welcomed me into their group. Each month when they meet the ladies do a swap which is where you make 11 cards and then bring them to club. You then "swap" with the other ladies and end up going home with 12 gorgeous cards, one from each lady in the club. I did not participate in the swap this month but will next month. The cards and goodies that were brought to swap were GORGEOUS. I can hardly wait to swap next month.
At club we get to make 3 projects. The above pictures is what I made tonight! I am totally in love with the stamp set we used which is called DELIGHTFUL DECORATIONS. What I love the most is that there is a punch that is shaped like an ornament that you use to punch out the ornaments after you stamp them! How cool is that? I love the two cards we made and I especially love the gift card holder. I plan on making several of these to use this Christmas.
I had such a wonderful evening stamping and getting to know some new women. I especially hit it off with the demonstrator Julie. She was a doll and her home was gorgeous. She made me feel so welcome and really made a point of introducing me to all the women in the club. I'm super excited to be stamping again in a stamp club!

1 comments:

Beverly

So glad you found a new group of stampers. I love this stamp set and punch as well and have been using them a lot!

Post a Comment