CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Spicy Peanut and Chicken Wraps

Here is a recipe that I posted before, about a year ago on my old blog http://www.joyfulnoise4.blogspot.com/. I decided to post it again, as I understand that the word about my blog is getting out like wild fire through the women in my church who are looking for new recipes! If you are new to my blog, you might want to take a peak at http://www.joyfulnoise4.blogspot.com/ which is my other blog that I wrote before this one. I don't post on it any more, but there are several recipes there as well as lots of other fun things to look at. Back, to these yummy wraps....this has got to be one of my favorite lunches and it could not be easier to make. Everything that is in it has been purchased at Trader Joes, but if you live where there is not a Trader Joes, you can easily substitute these items with other brands. If you are lucky enough to live near a Trader Joes (my favorite grocery store) then here is what you will need:

1 package Lavash bread (I like the whole wheat)
1 container "Just Chicken" which is white chicken breast strips (unseasoned and grilled)
1 package shredded carrots
1 package salted peanuts
1 bag organic spinach leaves (I make an exception to my rule about "no bagged lettuce" & buy spinach in bags instead of in a bundle..have you ever tried to clean a bundle of fresh spinach?? (dirt, grit etc) OR any lettuce you like if you are not a fan of spinach
1 jar Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette or as I call it "heaven in a bottle"

Step one: Take out a piece of the lavash bread and lay it on a cutting board. Spread a generous amount of the dressing on the bread.
 
Sprinkle out some spinach leaves and lay desired amount of chicken strips on top, followed with shredded carrots and chopped peanuts. Generously pour more of the dressing over the top. The dressing has the perfect "kick" and a wonderful peanutty flavor.
Roll as shown above, until you have a long "burrito" style wrap. Seam will be face side down.
Tuck in the sides as seen below. *Tip* Be sure to fill the whole middle section of your lavish bread to about 1/4 inch of the edge. This way you won't have too much bread without filling at the ends.
Slice on a diagonal and serve. I like to dip mine in more of the dressing! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment