CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bloom and grow

The wisteria plant in our backyard is in full bloom. Isn't it spectacular? I think it is just phenominal....and the frangrance?...sweet, sultry and intoxicating.

I love the way the flowers cascade and fall into perfect tail like blooms. I also love the pale shade of lavendar that darkens at the tips of each bloom. BEAUTIFUL.


It was this divine wisteria that inspired me to go to the nursery last week and fill my wagon with flowers and potting soil. (thanks to Kevin for letting me use his Christmas gift card to Home Depot) Here's a look at what I planted.


I love to garden. To me it's another creative outlet. I love to pick out the plants and flowers, and then arrange them in pots or in flower beds so they are pleasing to the eye. I love to put on my orange gardening gloves, grab my small shovel and get my hands into the soil. Someday...SOMEDAY I plan on planting an organic vegetable garden. To me, that will be the ultimate gardening experience. For now though, it's pots and flower beds...I especially love how this pot on my front porch turned out. These big urn/pots were here when we moved in. I put one on either side of the front door. The feeling of warmth and "home" starts before you enter someone's home. Is your porch clean and tidy and welcoming? If not, it is so easy to make it more appealing just by planting a pot with some flowers and puting out a nice mat in front of the door. I also like to hang a wreath on the front door.
"Won't you come in?"
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment