CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter decorations

Here is the house all decked out for Easter. This Easter will be different around here though...Kate won't be coming home since she was just here for Spring break two weeks ago. Our first year without the kids having an egg hunt, the first year the kids won't wake up to find that the Easter Bunny filled their baskets with goodies....where do the years go? I have to say that I've been feeling nostaligic for years past all week. Missing my kids being small. Missing buying Kate an easter dress. Missing Mom....However I realize that although this season of my life may be missing little ones all dressed up in their Easter best and running around searching for eggs....that this time in my life is still special and to be cherished. Soon enough there will be grandchildren to fill baskets for and little heads to place Easter bonnets upon...but for now, the blessings that this Easter will hold will be enough. One of the special things to cherish are my Easter Decorations. Many of these things were either gifts from my Mom or belonged to her. I love the whimsy and charm that is found in a bunny figurine; or eggs in baskets and Easter ornaments dangling sweetly from a wire Easter tree. All of these trinkets and adornments bring me joy. I hope they will for you too.

                                                  Have a wonderful and blessed Easter!

3 comments:

Beverly

My goodness, you've been blogging a lot! I haven't had a chance to read anyone's blogs in quite awhile and had to catch up on yours since the cabbage rolls post!

So...congrats to Kyle on his role in the CYT production! That's fabulous! I know he'll be great. Looks like you're all having a wonderful time in CA--the flowers are gorgeous, and so are your decorations. I've heard of the Truth Project and am glad you're getting to experience it. Hope it gives you some good opportunities and tools for sharing Christ with others.

Nancy G.

This is like going down Memory Lane...recalling visiting your Mom's store, "The Frame Shop" in Atascadero. I loved to visit it, especially during the Holidays...which was always some Holiday there!! Your home reflects "her" Debi, in so many ways and I know that she is so pleased with what YOU have become...a beautiful daughter, after her heart and even MORE, a daughter after Jesus' heart too! I love your blog!
Hugs of love,
Nancy

Corby

debi, Your blog is fun to read. I love your decorating photos. The wrought iron egg holder is cute & I love the white "tree" that you've decorated for Easter & Vday. I really had to laugh though b/c after our few comparisons on some common things in our life, and seeing your blog. I have A LOT of those Easter bunnies you show AND... I have the exact same old fashion desk youve decorated in my entry way!! To funny! Let us know next time your dad is playing in town! Would love to catch some tunes!

Post a Comment