CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 12, 2010

Scrap book pages

Here is a layout I did incorporating some techniques I've learned in the past few months either from classes I've taken or from tutorial blogs I watch on the internet regarding scrap booking.

I love these flowers that I made from tissue paper. Stay tuned for a tutorial on how to make these soon.
Another new technique I incorporated is paper pleating as can be seen above. The butterfly was cut using a Cricut machine. I don't have one yet, but the scrap booking store I shop at often will cut dies out for you for a small fee.
For these letters, I stamped them onto a thin white chip board. I then cut them out, painted the letters in using acrylic paint and added a clear glitter paint called Stickles to add the glitter effect.

I had  a lot of fun with these pages and my plan for this year's scrap booking is to reach outside my comfort zone and try new techniques and ideas. I love the results on this lay out with Kate. The pics of Kate were taken at my Dad and Polly's house at Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Beverly

My goodness! Beautiful as always. I can tell you have a lot more spare time than I do, LOL. Maybe my style will become more intricate when I have no kids at home!

Debi

I'm sure it will...

Post a Comment