CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Our bedroom decor

Recently I was looking back at all my blog posts from 2010 and realized I posted pics of all the rooms in our new house except for OUR room! Since this is one of my favorite rooms in the house I must share! I'm in the process of making a slight change to the decor in the bathroom so I won't show any pics of that attached room, but will share once complete. So here it is folks....the bedroom!


Our room is really big and spacious and we love the wood floors and blinds. I wanted to have the blinds open to show the backyard and slider that takes you out to a small patio....but all the light streaming in made the picture too dark.


Due to the mostly red paisly wallpaper in the bathroom that you can clearly see
 from all over the bedroom, it was clear our blue bedspread was not going to work
in this house! We are not going to remove the wall paper at this point so we
decided to get new bedding. After looking for WEEKS Kevin actually
found this at Walmart! Their Canopy collection for bedding
 and towels etc is actually very good quality.


We didn't want to spend a lot of money on a new piece of art work for over the
bed so I found this fun rub-on at Target. This has been a rule in our marriage
since the beginning along with "Never go to bed mad at each other"




We bought this mission style furniture when we moved to Vegas in 2004. We loved it then and
still love it just as much. Mission style never goes "out of style". This big entertainment
cabinet with cuiro cabinets on either side houses our television and my collectables.



One of my gifts from Kevin's parents this year for Chirstmas
 was a gift card to Pier One Imports. Kevin and I LOVE candles and I've
 been keeping my eye open for a candle art piece for this small wall. This is a little
 more funky/artsy than I usually go for...but I just LOVE it!
When it is lit at night it is so beautiful and romantic.





Here is a peak into one of the curio cabinets. I collect small shoes, and here
 is my collection displayed. Also a pic of my Mom and two of her silver items
 that used to be in her room along with my Princess Di books and a small ceramic
box with a cross that was a gift from my Mom right after I got married. It has
 a handwritten note in it from her that I treasure.



I adore these little shoes!


More candles. I think candles are the perfect decor item for a master bedroom.
                                            Stay tuned for pics of the master bath soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment